PLC is constantly engaged in Research and Development activities to improve the quality of the service offered to customers and to optimize the operation of the Group from an Industry 4.0 perspective.
The main R&D activities are aimed at restructuring the organization of work and processes, with the aim of implementing a real technological leap in the coming years.
The main ongoing projects concern:
- Augmented reality for O&M
- Artificial intelligence for predictive maintenance
- IoT-based data acquisition from power plants
- Advanced SCADA solutions for O&M
- Workforce management and centralized planning
In collaboration with an advanced R&D Consortium, PLC is developing Augmented / Virtual
Reality and Artificial Intelligence / IoT technologies for advanced maintenance and optimized
management of RES systems.
The project aims to create a highly effective technological control center to centralize specialized know-how to support all departments of the PLC group.